will 22mm WHITE PEX pipe fit inside this 25mm black conduit?

I had a 10 pack of 3m x 22mm diameter White PEX barrier pipe lying about in the garage.

It has now been used as part of a 30 m long irrigation system clipped to a dark brown wood fence with 22mm Push fit equal tees at 3m intervals.

I thought I might as well use the 10 pack of plastic Pex rather than buy a 10 pack of 3m copper tube and teh PEX pipe is better at taking in the undulations of the fence than the copepr tube would ever be.

The Tees serve to join up the 3m lengths of white Pex pipe and allow a copper manifold with 4 washing machine valves to be fitted.

Hozelock tap connectors are then screwed onto the washing machine valves.

The idea being that each washing machine valve then feeds a bradas dripper hose via a hozelock hose connector

The main 22mm white PEX pipe run is then controlled by a water timer connected to 25mm blue MDPE pipe.

Now, SWMBO has objected to the white plastic pipe against the dark brown fence.

So I've been looking at:

Does anyopne know if 22mm plastic pipe will fit within the flexible 25mm conduit? If so, I can then temporarily disconnect the Tees and slide on

3 m lengths of flexible conduit and then reclip using 25 mm diameter conduit pipe clips.
Reply to
SH

Paint the white pipe with a solvent based paint.

Reply to
alan_m

25mm is the outside diameter and it's corrugated so the internal diameter is a lot smaller so I'd say next to no chance..

And come to think of it sellers with more time for specs than TS probably tell you. Ah yes:

18mm
19mm

I can well believe the TS one is thinner but not /that/ much thinner.

Look at 32 mm flexible conduit - c. 27 mm internal.

And worth checking it is UV stable (which IIRC PEX ain't so SWMBO may have done you a favour).

Reply to
Robin

What about some kind of paint or wood stain? I'm sure there used to be one that made white garden furniture like pedestals look more um weathered!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

That is why you need one with a solvent in it, but beware some of that stuff remains sticky for life. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I've come across split conduit.....

That does have the advantage of not needing to disassemble the Equal Tees or pulling the PEX pipe out of its pipe brackets. I can then add black round conduit brackets to hold the PEX-Conduit assembly to the fence.....

FWIW, the PEX pipe is at the bottom of the 6ft high fence on teh north facing side and doesn't get any direct sunlight......

Reply to
SH

Rub yoghurt over it and it will soon take on a gungy patina.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew