Does PEX pipe sweat like metallic pipe?

For those of you who have PEX pipe in your homes, does PEX pipe sweat like metallic pipe? My guess would be "NO", but that's only a guess. I'm just curious...

Reply to
Paintedcow

Yes it can sweat, not nearly as much as metal. They use sch80 PVC here for condensate lines because that seems to be the least "sweaty"

Reply to
gfretwell

I'm sure. We are pretty humid here and warm enough to where anything that stays wet, grows stuff.

Reply to
gfretwell

Like soda bottles, the plastic ones sweat less than alum cans. So I thought the PEX would sweat less, but still does. Sch80 is really thick and I'd expect thicker walls mean less cold getting to the outside...

Reply to
Paintedcow