Wiki:Dishwasher

I just worked mine out; I use Waitrose dishwasher liquid. It's £3.67 for 1l, and I use 10ml per wash on average (sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less), so that's 3.67p per wash.

An added complication is that I never pay £3.67 for a bottle because I only ever buy things like that when they're on offer, and I have 3 bottles in stock currently from past offers.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

They saw you coming ...

You have 3 bottles that are currently useless to you until the current >

Reply to
Java Jive

It beats me why you bother, 5 mins each night, by hand, and it's done. Why TF do you need/want dishwashers? When I was a kid..............and still had change from a farthing.

Reply to
brass monkey

I got a year's worth of one item when I found it in a one off clearance sal= e at 44% the normal price. They can keep my interest, I'm still well ahead = on the deal

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I would need to earn around 30% risk-free interest before that worked. I'm miles ahead on the deal.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

En el artículo , snipped-for-privacy@care2.com escribió:

+1. I wait for the offers, then stock up.

Poundland does dishwasher tablets very cheap. Same results as the more expensive ones.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , brass monkey escribió:

The two domestic chores I hate most are dishwashing and ironing. Neither gets done. The machine only gets run when it's full, the most economical way of doing it, and if it needs ironing, I don't wear it. Getting the stuff out of the washing machine as soon as it's finished and hanging it up carefully to dry removes the need to iron most things.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

How about you come over to mine for 5 minutes every day, I'll put you to work and pay you 60p an hour. No? Whyever not?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

We've found Lidl (W5) ones to be good too, although they no longer do the 'classic' kind (only the all-in-ones, which we don't want or need). However not all dishwasher detergent is created equal; we once made the mistake of buying some basic Waitrose tablets, they definitely cleaned less well (also discontinued now, I think). Classic tablets are becoming increasingly difficult to find, but last time we visited Costco they were still doing Finish Classic.

Richard.

Richard Russell

I buy the Finish tablets from Costco for other parts of the family. IME, they usually have one or two types of the Finish tablets in store, but exactly which these are from the Finish range varies. They also very frequently have one of them on offer.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

That sounds like a girlfriend.

Reply to