Wide kitchen worktops in Edinburgh

[crosspost, no followup-up]

Hi guys,

would any of you know of a place in Edinburgh where to buy 665 or 670mm wide kitchen laminate worktops (any length from 1800mm onward)?

That's because of the usual problem of IKEA kitchen units too large to fit under the 605mm worktops when allowing for pipes running along the wall behind them.

We've checked MFI, Homebase, B&Q, IKEA with no success so far.

We could still go for the 900mm or custom made from IKEA, but if we could have a slightly larger choice...

Thanks in advance, Stephane

Reply to
Stephane Chazelas

Having fitted IKEA units in the kitchen and bathroom, I just cut holes or slots in the units for pipes. Easy with a jigsaw. BTW I wouldn't recommend the IKEA worktops with the wood edging, ours has started to bubble up slightly at the 'sealed' join in less than a year, and we really try to keep it dry. Better to go for the wrap-round style found elsewhere.

Zimmy
2005-08-5, 11:03(+01), Zimmy: [...]
[...]
[sorry for having messed up with the fu2, back to x-post]

Two many pipes for that, here, and too far appart, that would look ugly.

Thank's a lot for the tip! We might have considered those ones.

By the way, it looks like most timber shops have 665mm wide worktops. Now, we're looking for some that are _not_ 3m long :-| (we only need 3.2m...)

We've yet to see Lawsons Timber in Sight Hill that have a large choice according to a colleague (thanks Peter).

Reply to
Stephane CHAZELAS