Wickes Bordeaux Pine floorboards

Has anyone here used this stuff?

Looks solid and straight. Works out at £15 per sq. metre.

I am reflooring approx 30 sq. m. of victorian terrace and the budget is pretty tight so any other suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Martin

Reply to
Martin Carroll

I made a patio table out of it five years ago. It's survived outdoors summer and winter, and still looks good. No splitting warping etc.

I gave it three coats of Wickes exterior woodstain (I think).

Reply to
Mike Gates

I thought it seemed good value but then I tried marking the display piece with my thumbnail. It left a deep mark and I decided that the durability was suspect, I couldn't significantly mark the oak or beech with a thumbnail.

Henry

Reply to
Henry

I have, but not for flooring. I've made a TV unit, several mirror frames and a bookshelf with it because it's got such a lovely grain & colour.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I overboarded the entire 1st floor of a victorian house with it. Looks absolutely beautiful. It does mark if a heavy object is dropped on it, but I minimised this problem by applying 5 coats of polyurethane satin varnish.

Great value for money, just make sure you acclimatise it for 2 weeks prior to fitting.

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

Aka Maritime Pine. Used a lot in southern Europe but inferior to Scandinavian/Russian strength wise. Illustration here looks good

Stuart Noble

used it to board out our bathroom, no problems at all, looks much better than laminate.

Reply to
Paul