why oh why do we D.I.Y (cracked bath rant)

sunday, 5pm

just unpacked the new bath ready to install it after flatting the bathroom floor with WBP ply and laying the vinyl only to find that the bath has been bashed about and is damaged on the external corner. this is despite going through half a dozen at the merchants to select the set with the least damaged packaging !

luckily, I'm on first name terms with the nice lady at the merchants so a replacement / swap out is a mere formality.

so no bath tonight but it's not all doom and gloom, I've been offered a consolation prize of a stripwash from t'other half (BG)

RT

Reply to
R Taylor

Arr, but p'raps she intends to use sugarsoap........

Reply to
Wanderer

If it's strip wash it more likely to be with Nitromorse :)

Reply to
Alan

BTW, the reason we DIY is because if we'd paid a professional, they'd have installed the cracked bath and tried to cover it up to save hassle.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle