Seeking long shower slider rail

This one's on behalf of my brother and his wife, who differ in height by about two feet.... the problem is one of those men-who-leave-the-loo-seat-up type issues: he likes the shower head above his own head, whereas SWMBO, if she's not washing her hair, prefers it at shoulder-height (hers) ie about three or four feet lower down! Does anybody know of any slider rails (like item 70394 at

allow that level of adjustment? Most are only about 18" long AFAIK. I already suggested fitting two slider rails at different heights, but that didn't go down well for aesthetic reasons.

A second problem, which would not be solved by a longer rail, is that the poor girl can't actually reach the shower head when it's at the top of the rail! Short of keeping a plastic stool in the shower, can anyone think of a way round that?!

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

Could you not just replace the rail, with a longer piece of pipe. I presume that they are a standard size.

Reply to
Dave Jones

Well whaddya know - that hadn't occurred to me, and I never thought they would be, but I've just compared the slider rail on my own shower with a wardrobe hanging rail, and it's a perfect match! Many thanks Dave.

Any ideas on the second problem? I suspect that might need a different shower system, if such a thing exists

David

Reply to
Lobster

As far as I can see, she has solved the problem herself. If she stands on the stool to shower, surely the spray, at it's lowest, will be at her shoulder height. He, meanwhile uses the shower without having to hop up like a performing seal.

Reply to
richard

Make sure the rail you get is not chromed steel... they aint designed to get damp, and rust like an old Datsun if you do!

Reply to
John Rumm

Add a pull cord to the slider on the rail so she can reach it... see there is a use for a "soap on a rope". ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm