Water comes out of shower head while taking a bath??

I have a similar shower handle to this

Had the shower re-done about 6 months ago. When filling a bath a small amount of water comes out of the shower head. The slower I fill the bath, the more water comes out the head. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
ephedralover

The ir should be a diverter valve control , often on the spout for the tub , that closes a vlave and diverts the water to the shower. Check that that valve is completely open.

Reply to
marks542004

The diverter appears to be working fine. It is the kind at the end of the spout.

Reply to
ephedralover

Reply to
bob kater

I agree.

I'm assuming that when the OP wrote, "The slower I fill the bath, the more water comes out the head," he was describing turning a diverter valve lever below the main valve, it looks like there's one partially hidden by the handle in his photo.

If it's been happening since he had the shower redone then he should get on the back of whoever he paid to do that work and get him to make it right. It may just turn out to be something not quite right with the diverter valve.

Or, he may have unusually high water pressure in his home, and no pressure regulator, in which case installing one could solve his problem.

I've seen situations where the pipe going up to the shower head from the valve had to be extended several feet above the the head and looped back down to prevent that kind of problem.

Lots of things to check, but the guy who did the work should fix it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

One more thought, if he can't get the installer to fix it he could always buy one of those little chrome flow adjusting valves and install it just behind the shower head. One like this:

It'd be a bit of a pain to remember to turn it off when filling the bath and on when showering, but lots less work than having to tear the walls up to replace something defective or incoreectly installed.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Thats the ticket! The bath only gets used 10% of the time so it wouldn't be too bad. Thanks.

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Reply to
ephedralover