Shower head doesn't deliver all the water

Hello, I've got a shower/tub combo in which, when you pull the tab upward to take a shower, only about 80% of the water comes out of the shower head. the rest dribbles out of the tub faucet.

What part needs replacing? Is this a home depot job, or is it something a handyman needs to do? Thanks

Reply to
abdul rahim

The "tab" is part of the tub spout?? If so, the spout must be replaced. How you do that depends. Some are threaded onto pipe, some are slipped on and have a set screw. If threaded, it may be stuck tightly. The pipe nipple may break if it old galv iron or may twist off if copper.

Not trying to discourage you, just saying that in plumbing *hi* happens. Do some investigating before hefting the wrench.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

"Speedy Jim" just saying

in plumbing *hi* happens.

that must be from all that glue...............eh Jim.

Reply to
Handy Andy

snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com (abdul rahim) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

New tub spouts with diverter are available from Home Depot or Lowes,mine cost about $12USD. There are different kinds,so read the packaging to see what you need.I used a 'universal' that had adapters to fit over iron or copper pipes.

Reply to
Jim Yanik