Why do cars "bong!" when you crash?

Then you don't watch as many Youtube fail videos as me, this is an example:
https://youtu.be/VELQcCxMDMQ?t

https://youtu.be/VELQcCxMDMQ?t
"4

How could a car accidentally go ping?

So you agree with my point.
wrote

We'll see...

When the slamming into something triggers that accidentally.

Nope, I don't agree that its deliberate in the design of the car.
Bet its an unintentional result of slamming into the curb sideways. Maybe its just the parking sensor or something.

How will we see unless we somehow compare our Youtube history?

Most Youtube videos I see, the bong is not precisely when the bash occurs.

Parking sensors surely only come on when you switch them on, otherwise they'd come on every time you got in a queue at the lights.
wrote

From the drivel you come up with.

Don't believe that.

But some manage to leave them on.

Nope, most arent actually stupid enough to get that close then.

That is insufficient to determine how many videos I watch.

You'll just have to watch a few Russian car crash compilations.

Doesn't that annoy them every time they stop at the lights?

How close do you need to be to activate the parking sensor?!?
wrote

No reason why it should, only fools stop that close to the car in front of them at the lights.

Varys with the car.

I stop very close if the arse in front is annoying me.

It should be quite a few feet, or you wouldn't get ample warning that you need to stop when parking.
wrote

Yes, you actually are that stupid. Hardly anyone else is that stupid so leaving the parking sensor on works fine.

It isnt there to tell you that there is something in front of you, its there to let you get close without touching.

What's stupid about wanting to annoy bad drivers?

Yes, and you don't want to be told to stop 0.1 seconds before you have to.
wrote

Complete waste of time. Only fools like you waste their time doing that. Hopefully you will eventually run into someone who beats you to a pulp.

Parking sensors don't work like that.
On 03/11/2018 22:32, Rod Speed wrote:

Yes, mine intermittently beeps when you are close, getting faster as you get closer, but then changes to a continuous beep at about 6 inches.
The intermittent beep starts far enough away to be annoying when you are deliberately getting close to the car in front - such as if you inch up to give extra room for someone who is trying to squeeze into the gap behind you or to block someone who is trying to push in in front, out of turn in a queue.
It does disable itself the first time you get up to 20mph and re-enables when you press the button or select reverse gear.
SteveW

Why would you deliberately block someone? Have you never heard of letting people out?

So why would it be on in the circumstance above?
And what if you park forwards?
On 03/11/2018 23:35, Steven Watkins wrote:

Those prats that instead of alternating when they are trying to join a queue decide that they won't wait their turn and will instead follow the previous car into the gap that you left or that are too impatient, pull out of a stop-start queue into a lane marked for turning only, get up near the front and then try and push their way in.
SteveW
On 03/11/2018 15:37, Steven Watkins wrote:

Mine don't they are on all the time . Which can get pretty annoying when the edge of the carriageway is bounded by a wall or by street furniture etc.
They can be silenced once activated so :- pull in 'ding ding ding', parked; ding continues until you press a button on the dash and binging stops, but the parking sensor is re-armed again so no bing now but when they would next be activated they are ready to go.
Traffic queuing at lights "tyres and tarmac", in nose to tail traffic I wouldn't get within parking distance to the car in front (12"?), it actually annoys me these people that think getting right up the chuff of the car in front(couple of inches or so) somehow gets them up the road quicker . Don't get me wrong massive gaps between cars makes the queue longer than it has to be, goes back over other junctions etc but 12" seems to me a reasonable gap

Is there no way to turn them off permanently? I guess you could remove the thing that goes bing, but that would make it harder to switch back on quickly when you want to park. If all else fails you could fit a simple switch on the binger.

If they don't bing until 12", that's cutting it damn close for parking. If you're reversing into somewhere and cannot see the wall behind you for whatever reason, you want to be warned WELL before 12".

20 cars leaving a 6" gap instead of an 18" gap makes a space in the queue of 20 feet, or 1.5 cars.

I don't have a problem with someone making a smaller gap as long as it's greater than zero. Or are you one of those type that rolls back when he starts off?
On 03/11/2018 19:48, Steven Watkins wrote:

Don't know about ALL parking sensors but I feel they would all, like mine, start with a slow beep and as you get closer they get faster and faster until eventually the bings are so close together that it is one continuous note.

Nope but the guy in front of me might be.
Didn't that Wilkinson Sword chappie post a V-similar question? Is this just your latest nym shift Hucker?

Indeed, and the slow beep must surely be a fair distance off, similar to the distance you'd get to a car in a stationary queue.

That's his problem. That's why we have horns. If anyone rolls on starting, they oughta get an auto gearbox.

Few years ago maybe, but I forgot the answers :-)

Yes.

And it isnt for that reason.

Not if he hits you.

Makes more sense to leave more room so that even with the worst drivers, you don't have to do anything.

Irrelevant to what makes sense when stopped in a queue.

Yeah, that whacky weed does that.

So when you park, you only get warned infinitesimally before you collide with the wall.

The fault would clearly be his. Pedestrians and other drivers would be witnesses, so would your dashcam. If all else fails, push him. Once he's made contact with your car, you won't damage yours much by pushing him along faster than he wants to, then swerving a bit to knock him off the road. Also if you own an older car than most others, then it always costs them more.

I refuse to make allowances for morons. They need to learn to drive properly.

More likely the gallons of 20% alcohol.

Wrong, as always. When you get closer to the wall than only fools stop at in a queue, you start to get beeps from the parking sensor and the rate increases as you get closer to the wall and even a terminal fuckwit such as yourself should be able to work out that you are getting closer to that wall, before you hit it.

Its nothing like as black and white as that. Terminal fuckwits like you can stop much too close to the car in front of them and manage to run into the back of the car in front of them too.
And when moving off, can be too stupid to notice that the car in front of them has just stopped after it started to move off and run into the back of the car in front of them that way too.

But are rather unlikely to get involved with such a minor collision. That carpark was quite active when that stupid cow drove out of the slot without looking, right into my tow bar as I backed out. No one bothered to get involved when it was so obvious it was her fault and we were obviously exchanging details.

If you have one. Makes a lot more sense to not stop so close to the car in front so you don't need one.

Which then makes it your fault, fuckwit.

Wrong when he has a tow bar.

Thereby proving to the world and your dashcam that its your fault.

You get to pay for the damage to your car and to theirs too.
Thanks for that completely superfluous proof of why you have always been completely unemployable.

Then you get to pay for all the damage. In fact when they have a tow bar, you pay for all of yours and there is no damage at all to the car in front and he just laughs at your predicament, just like I did with that stupid cow who drove out of the slot without looking.

They don't when you do stupid stuff like the above.

Or both.