Why are revlimiters uneven?

Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote

No idea what you are on about this time.

Rather different technology. Many dimmers cant, they cut off abruptly at the lower light levels.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Never saw the original post. There is a holding current in a triac, and once the current drops below this a kind of Hysteresis occurs so you need to turn it up to get it conducting again. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It's obvious what I meant, the car warns the driver he's revving too high by making the engine jump on and off.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

But if I buy a "dimmable LED" lightbulb, I can dim it with a dimmer that's on the wall, at 240V AC. Is there electronics inside the bulb sensing the PWM from the dimmer and using that to control its internal current limiter?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Easier yes, but I wouldn't have thought it was drastically easier, especially since the engine is already computer monitored and controlled for a variety of other things.

The driver doesn't need to know, provided it's not harmful to reach the revs it limits at.

You already did it for me. Or if this is the second thread I made like that, it's because I typed it wrong again. I can't get out of that habit. and I know of no way in this newsreader to post to multiple groups without typing them in.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Limiters predated the widespread use of FI. While the industry has come a long way in the past 30 years there still is a tendency to stick with what worked in the past.

Reply to
rbowman

Apparently this is a new thing, older cars did, fuel injection and turbos have reduced the sudden drop.

Your client? I've had a news server whinge. I guess it's a good thing, it stops typos.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The only dimmer around here is you.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

And now you must talk of the other kind.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The two roll-over wrecks I've been in had someone else behind the wheel, so no thanks.

Reply to
rbowman

But I wasn't talking to you I was talking to StupidCunt?. Anyone is safer behind the wheel than he is.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Sat, 22 May 2021 10:43:17 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

Be glad you didn't have any appendages outside the vehicles.

Reply to
Tekkie©

A safe life is a boring life.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Fortunately both were late in the year. One was on a wet leaf covered road. I'd remarked moments before we were going down the road backwards at 70 mph, 'You know, wet leaves are as bad as ice.' as a polite way of saying slow the f*ck down. Alfa Romeos don't hold up well when going end over end. Even better, it was his wife's car.

I had a cut over my eye so we wound up in the ER. As I lay there I heard a conversation 'I don't know if we can save the eye.' Luckily it was somebody else's eye in question. The doc who sewed me up spoke enough English to say he wasn't very good at suturing but a plastic surgeon would be able to fix it all up. Great.

That wasn't as bad as the Navy corpsman who threw away the novocaine in the suture kit. 'If I use that your facial muscles will sag and there might be a scar.'

I still have both sets. They add to my friendly appearance.

Reply to
rbowman

Agreed. But thats what he wants

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

yes they are a serious menace in the united kingdom, I've seen them up to 3 inches long

Driving into water whose depth is unknown is about as intelligent as running a red light

In other words, expected of 'commander kinsey'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Then you really should give up on the whacky weed and various other illegal substances.

Reply to
Joey

Never!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Agreed, there are many pastimes and hobbies that are intrinsically safe and bring about pleasure.

Sex with a partner is one, but of course you won't know about that. Sometimes the quest is to live longer to enjoy those occasions, rather than take unnecessary risks which many feel are not enjoyable.

When you get a life, you'll understand.

Reply to
Fredxx