Whoops

Were they both deficient in the hearing department ?.

Single brick/block party walls are pretty well transparent to impact sound and even normal conversation.

Reply to
Andrew

My B-i-L was "udating" his 20's semi, by moving the bathroom from the ground floor and extending the kitchen. He was chasing a hole for a flush cooker point when suddenly the brick he was hitting moved fast and the neighbours said, through the hole "Would you take your brick out of our bath".

Reply to
charles

I read this far and was thinking Hatton Garden - you were aiming for the post office's safe.

ROFLMAO :)

Reply to
GB

Nice one Adam - but you really shouldn't try to excuse your error. LOL

Cash

Who by the way, has dropped many 'bollocks' in his time - and one that personally cost me well over ?10,000! Don't ask, it will not be revealed. ;-)

Reply to
Cash

Talking of Pubs those who remember the Bristol of the late1970's or watched the scenery in the TV series Shoestring may remember a Lightship converted to a floating bar.

I was told that one of the brewery fitters fitting out the beer storage area forgot he wasn't in a pub cellar and when encountering resistance after drilling into and through a bit of wood mounted on the "wall" just pushed a bit harder until he was reminded of the special circumstances of the job by water spurting in. Covert remedial action was immediately taken by pulling away the bit of wood and firmly whacking in a wooden spile intended to go in a beer cask shive that handily he usually had some of in his toolkit,still there when the place closed down apparently. G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I have no problem holding my hands up to dropping a "bollocks"

was one of my finest moments.

The best one was not by me but someone I was working with. We were told not to power up the aircons units as the phase rotation had not been confirmed. Well he powered them up and that was £60k worth of damage.

Reply to
ARW

The best one of those was a mate who was a very, very junior engineer, was in charge of taking orders on a demonstration of a brand spanking new radar dish of seriously expensive construction., It even had de icing coils in..and duly, when asked to demonstrate the de icing on a warm summers day, he threw the switch...and smoke and blisters appeared on the dish....

..another good one was the chargehand who switched off the CNC mill halfway through and went home. When he restarted it the following day it carved a brand new phased array 4 mm away from the previous days work. £25k of aluminium and machining turned to scrap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Marriage and/or paternity can both be expensive mistakes.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Slight .... couple of inches out is slight .... different room is a whole different word

Reply to
rick

Shades of Del and Rodney.

Reply to
Bob Eager

If *everyone* had dun a postal vote, would we have had 14 days to send the result back if it didn't fit?

Reply to
Gareth