Whole House fans - where can I buy one?

Nonsense. Virtually all houses built since the 1960's will have ended up with internal temperatures well above 20C after a couple of days of 30C+ outside. Mine was up to 26C in Sussex, and that's with all south-facing windows shut and curtains drawn.

Reply to
Andrew

No surprises there, then.

michael adams

michael adams

About what we got in the house. Why does nobody (1) in the UK know this?

In my office down the garden which has stuff generating heat I had to open the door and let the heat out to keep it down to 30. Just for once I missed the trip into work, where the aircon is sized for the computers we have.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

When you were at your peak?

Reply to
ARW

Look up "Soler & Palau whole house".

I put in one of their axial silent fans to duct fresh air into the rooms in the to floor bedrooms and have been delighted with it. It is REALLY quiet and connected to a variable thermostat that turns it on at the required temperature.

They also make whole house systems with or without heat recovery. Their product are top grade. You get what you pay for.

Reply to
ourfottos