Who wrote this pile of tripe?

Unearthed metal back box?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Such a standard appears to be the done thing at the time (early 60's) and I've also found it on mid 50's properties.

The wiring is PVC not rubber, and while the sockets are T&E the lighting is all zipped twin and singles run in narrow capping so no easy way of adding an earth like you might with conduit without hacking away at the wall and fitting wider capping. The wiring is still in good nick.

Somewhere in the distant past I've seen plastic inserts that cover the M3.5 (or 4BA as these are) screw heads to prevent any contact with metalwork in case something like this happened and you preferred the backbox to stay live and the bloke with the sweaty socks and sweaty feet to stay electric shock free :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

Reply to
ARWadsworth

you dropped your h :)

Already done all that in the not too distant past except print and fix the label.

Reply to
The Other Mike

That's the last time I let Joanna Lumley give me elocution lessons:-)

Only ever seen one label like that used, and I fitted it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth