Who would work for this customer?

Probably only Asda value custard creams and not nice Belgian chocolate ones:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

When we had our extension done we gave the builders their own kettle, tea bags and daily supply of fresh milk. They were over the moon cos they cold have a brew as and when it suited them rather than when they were offered one. I'm sure we got more than or money's worth back in time and co-operation.

Reply to
hugh

My parents bought a house in France and asked the new next-door neighbours where they could hire a skip and a generator, as they needed to clear the rubbish from the house and needed power to do some work before getting the electricity reconnected. The next-door neighbours had no idea where to get a skip, but spoke to another neighbour who removed three and a half, large agricultural trailer loads of rubbish, charging less than the value of the acohol consumed when we went to pay him! The next-door neighbours also asked "what's wrong with our electricity?" before inviting us to plug our extension lead into their house, before going out for the day and asking us to lock up when we'd finished with the electric.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Ah ha! Another candidate for the upcoming series: "Cowboy Customers" for Dom to ambush, and you'd be the one getting all the "there, there..." sympathy from Melinda Massivemouth!

This customer- not an Accountant by any chance was he?

Reply to
Dean Heighington

You can afford to do that when you are a 'peasant farmer' living off EU subsidies as (just about) only the French know how.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Newsflash: "Builders rushed to hospital after overdosing on tea."

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

Not at all. They paused to have a brew at a natural break point in the work they were doing.

Reply to
hugh

Actually, they are both retired, he's in his 90s and she's in her 80s. Before that he was a Gendarme and before that a Marine.

The guy with the tractor and trailer was a landscape gardener.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I hung some cheap doors for a woman once. Brass effect hinges had slotted brass effect screws, so I used Turbogold instead (a much better screw). She complained that the colour of the hinge and the screw heads wasn't exactly the same shade of brass...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Prolly a teacher.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I would too. ;-) Brass hinges must use brass slotted screws with the slots all aligned. There is no other way.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Shades of Andy Hall.

Reply to