Who makes a good solid simple 13A power bar

aka "extension strip" - 6 ways or so. Needs to be

Reply to
Tim Watts

Best ones I have were made by a former (long since defunct) employer. They are for 19" rack mounting with 5 or 6 sockets. The sockets are MK ones designed for mounting in a circular hole, and the block is made from two pieces of pressed steel. There was a 16A contactor at one end for remote switching, although I've modified some of them to have a row of relays for independant remote switching of each socket outlet. The works cost of the original units back in 1980 was £250 each.

Eventually, they changed to using Olsen (sp?) ones where remote switching was not required.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If solid and straightforward are the boxes, then Olson tick them

If you want cheap, then try eBay for second hand ones

e.g. this one finishing in quarter of an hour

Reply to
Andy Burns

Postage is a bit steep though, and a 13A plug rammed onto SY flex looks suspect ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

especially with tape wrapped round the sheath and the plug does look a bit 'rammed'.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Olson might just do it - I thought they might be a bit big, but:

the 6 way is 482mm long which might just fit -

Good thinking :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Olson.