Ping ARW

In a different life I used to do fire risk assessment. The contract was with a major nationwide and offshore retailer. This was in the early days of risk assessment - common sense was still alive. I was told that the power supply to the fire alarm control panel had to come directly from the mains supply, not from a "spur" from the lighting circuit etc. This was so that the power to the panel could not be f***ed around with. Is this correct? I'm not a spark.

Regards

Mr Pounder Esquire

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Yes.

I never thought that you were. And you certainly could not a bright one.

And the point of your post is?

Reply to
ARW

Thank you.

Well done.

And you certainly could not a bright one.

ffs ..........

And the point of your post is?

All of the fire alarm control panels that I saw were run from the lighting circuits. Chop power to the lights and the fire alarm sounded on battery back up.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

IANARW but

Yes. It should be a dedicated supply in fire-rated cable from as close as possible to the incoming main supply (i.e. from a main dist board not a submain board). Fire supply switchgear to be painted red.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You were doing the risk assessment. It was your job - I assume that you must have had some sort of training and that you were not just scavenging peanuts off the floor in payment for the job.

Did you pass the installations as safe?

Reply to
ARW

Hmmm... been a while and no reply yet. Do you think he's realised that all the nuts drop out when his finger is used for typing?

Reply to
Richard

I made a hell of a lot more money than you will ever do. Passing or failing the wiring to an alarm system was not my job.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

It's called having a life.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

You seem to know much more than ARW, this does not surprise me.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Not necessarily; I merely answered in greater detail.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I never knew that fire extinguisher sales reps made so much money.

Reply to
ARW

I was never a sales rep.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Add that to the long list of things you were crap at then.

Reply to
Richard

You do it for me.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

101. Crap sales rep.
Reply to
ARW

Bait not taken. Btw, how goes it in your council house these days?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Did it hurt?

I'll let you know when I live in one.

Reply to
ARW

You take it, you tell me.

Too many videos of your house Adam. Woops Adam.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

And?

Is that proof that I live in a council house.

Reply to
ARW

Bit rich coming from something like yourself who *seems* to think he's well off. Admit it, the reason you don't live in the sunny south is because you simply can't afford to.

Reply to
Richard