White gloss recommendations

Would anyone care to recommend a gloss, primarily for pre- primed MDF skirting although it would be also used for a couple of doors if there is any over.

Minimal work and maximum shine [white] is the goal :-)

Regards

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Dulux, Leyland. Others also recommend crown, I don't buy it. The usual suspects.

Leyland is a bit different to the others, it doesn't have much opacity in the topcoat. So you get a great finish but need the undercoat to be properly white first, you can't one-coat with it. It's probably my favourite.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Thank you, Johnstones it is then. [I like the soft sheen emulsion BTW]

I was going to gloss onto the preprimed MDF.

Alas there are no short cuts I suppose :-(

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

You can get one coat gloss paints, but I find it hard to get a good finish with them. YMMV.

Reply to
GB

Johnstones do one that is self undercoating - so you just use a couple of coats of that... slightly easier than conventional approaches - results were not too bad IIRC.

Reply to
John Rumm