100 amp connector block name

whats the name of the connector block for incoming 100 amp mains supply to split between old and new consumer unit...

been looking at cpc and rs and tlc but i dont know what to put in the search box!

thanks

[george]
Reply to
DICEGEORGE

Henley block

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

TLC call them "Service Blocks" - Henley are a a specific make

Reply to
charles

Henley block

Built on CPC they are 'connector blocks', and elsewhere 'service connector blocks' too.

CPC: LA04540 and LA04541

Reply to
Bob Eager

You snipped the bit where I actually said that.

The Henley name has now become semi-generic.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The generic name is a "service connector block". Many made by Henley and hence that has become a common name for them as well. (MLA is another very common brand)

Typically available in single and double pole, and a variety of ways with five being common.

Reply to
John Rumm

Ahem, I can see why you might think that, but ISTM Charles was not replying to your post and so could not have snipped it. The more so as his post shows at 13:36 and yours at 13:43 ;) sign of a good lunch I hope :))

Reply to
Robin

Am I the only one who finds it easier to use blocks rated for for up to

35mm2 cables 'cos it's hard to get 25mm2 tails into the 25mm2 ones? (I fit them with cable entry from below to meet IP rating.)
Reply to
Robin

Ah, my apologies to charles. Didn't notice it was another reply - they arrived here in a different order!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I don't recall having particular difficulty with the 25mm^2 ones... (then again perhaps I was fitting 16mm^2 tails ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

It's the 6mm (metric equivalent) tails I had problems with, getting all warm and droopy when I showered.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Ah, you should have directed the shower over them a bit to keep them cool ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I was wondering if he was still on about the tails.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Ideal solution there. I've always thought if you ran the shower supply pipe through the CU you could cut down on the copper use - and maybe dispense with the electric shower & its cable.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr