Which Unvented Cylinder

I am to decide between 3 cylinders which will be coupled with my Underfloor Heating system. My plumber has allowed for a Range 250Lt Stainless Steel Cylinder. But I have the option to either go for on of the following: Viessmann or Chelmer Thermal Store 280 Lts (this I am told is around £1600)

So, it is matter of guidance between the 3 cylinders which one would be most suited for a House with 3 Baths/showers. Also I wouls like good pressure and the ability to add Solar in future.

Any guidance pls.

Sid

Reply to
SidKnee

If you want to go solar, you should be considering a heat bank, such as a DPS Pandora. Pressure is determined by your water supply, not the unvented cylinder/heat bank, except that a heat bank, being fundamentally safer, might not require a pressure reducing valve.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

He has UFH, so a full heat bank is the way. Heat banks, thermal store operate at low pressure. Unvented cylidners are potential bombs. DPS @ http://www.heatweb,comNewark Cylidners do just thermal store, but are cheap. Do a Google for them. Range cylinders, RCM, etc, etc.

At 3 baths it is going to be some size. Some makers fit all the pumps and controls which appear more expensive, but whenall costed int's not that bad.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel