Which sockets for kitchen?

AFAIK DP switching (or an unswitched socket or better still a switched FCU) is required for "fixed appliances" such as extractor hoods, plug in ovens etc, but for general kitchen appliances there is no need for DP switching.

-- Adam

adamwadsworth@(REMOVETHIS)blueyonder.co.uk

Reply to
ARWadsworth

One advantage I can think of is on a RCD protected circuit. It might be confusing to have a faulty appliance plugged into a socket outlet still trip the RCD even when the switch is off. A DP switch on the socket would avoid this.

I think all MK socket outlets are DP switched for a while now, certainly those I've bought have been, and it wasn't a special request.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Dave Plowman writes

Mostly in this house it's ended up being the standard sockets and switches etc. they sell in the B&Q Warehouse. TBH, they've been fine, switches switch ok, sockets aren't hard to use, none have dies on me., and they are nice and simple and flat and square.....

I did by accident however (a slip of the mouse...) , get hold of some of the cheapy one from screwfix and they did seem a bit crap. And they face plates were much thicker than the others.

Reply to
chris French