Which satellite receiver?

It can be a steep learning curve but worth it in the end

The Autob Bouquet Maker (in the Sevice Searching Menu) tuning works well for Free to Air Freeview/Freesat/Sky

Subscribe to the Vix forums and ask questions about setting up multi satellite in there.

If you have your box connected to your home network type its IP number into you PC's browser.

You can then use the bouquet editor which allows you to create one or more favourites folders and to drag/drop channels into them and to re-order the list(s). Its a lot faster than trying to do the same on the box using the remote

Youtube video (the web interface now looks slightly different but still has all the same functions)

While watching normal TV try hitting the 'help' button on the remote. This gives help on what the buttons on the remote do with an associated active menu.

Also try searching for Youtube videos on Enigma 2 boxes.

Reply to
alan_m

100+ page manual

Other support material

alan_m

Yes - I've downloaded the manual. Was more looking for an idiot's guide. ;-)

I didn't have any of these problems setting up the old now broken Vision one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have you got far enough to know if it's any good as a PVR?

Reply to
PeterC