Which plaster?

Been back to check out a previous rush job that didn't get finished off. The allpurpose plaster used on PB, more as filler than plaster, has given a horrible rough finish. The grit content left no chance of a smooth result. Which plaster is good to use mainly like filler on a patchy pb wall?

Reply to
Animal

If skimming it properly, then multifinish is usually my choice. For more ad hoc filling and making good, then the "board fill" fillers designed for jointing taper edge board work really well - very easy to sand and give a really nice finish.

Reply to
John Rumm

+1
It fine filler that can be easily sanded but is has a relatively soft surface. Shop around as it was around £20 for the 10kg bag a few months back (now £28 in b&Q). Smaller bags are available.
Reply to
alan_m

I now use this

as a fine surface filler. Fast setting, not much slump, good finished surface. The only slight downside is the very very fine dust produced when sanding it.

Reply to
nothanks

I am with John regard using using PB fillers like easy fill 60 easy to apply and sand down after to leave a hidden repair.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky