which mastic?

..........would/could be used to seal a leaking boat window with an aluminium frame and perspex windows. Supeficial examination would suggest it originally depended on a rubber inset which has now deteriorated.

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

In message , Paul Mc Cann writes

A good quality translucent silicone sealant I should think will do the job ok.

Reply to
chris French

How about casting a new seal with silicone? put a film of oil on the edge of the pespex. lay a bead of silicone all round the frame and ligthly fit the pespex, Don't compress it too much until the silicone has gone off. Then compress fully.The oil will stop the silicone sticking to the perspex allowing removal if needed.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In a marine environment I'd use polyurethane. Silicone doesn't stand up to UV as well as PU.

Reply to
Grunff

I found an American website with infor on this subject and this effectively is what it suggested.

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann