Which CU?

Probably would. Tempting.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

That one is comprehensible. The other range I looked at really isn't. That one however they're all much too big.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well you can replace the isolator with one RCD and fit an external one if you want.

In fact you could use two CUs one with an isolator and two RCDs and one with the circuit breakers if it helps with space.

I'd just spend the money and fit RCBOs and you can get six of those in with the isolator.

Reply to
dennis

Its often an easy way to get more ways in a tricky space... I did that when I did my loft at the other place - ended up using 3 CUs in total. One basically just a 2 way switch fuse type for the outbuildings (which had their own local CUs), snd then I split power and lighting into two separate CUs in the house. As it was TT and 16th edition it also saved needing a type S RCD as the master switch on each CU. The lighting one just had a 100mA normal trip as its incomer.

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah you didn't mention RCD's in your first post, just mcb's.

I looked at Hager's pdfs for metal CUs and they were remarkably unhelpful. A table of dimensions with no decipherable information as to what CU each set applied to! Why so many sellers don't include the basic necessary information I'll never know.

Reply to
Ash Burton