Which blowtorch?

ha, of course.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I've got a CampingGaz one bought some 40 odd years ago. Use to plumb this house and a great deal more. Can't really complain. Hope you can still get cylinders for it - still have a couple of new ones in stock. It's just about powerful enough for 28mm tube. 22mm easy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How old?

Made of brass and with a hand-pump for the paraffin, or orange paint with a touch or rust?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I gather those have a bad safety record. Still used in India though.

Yup, one of those.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Very similar experience - wanted some specific compost and every other source within sensible distance was out of stock. Theirs was under a sign clearly saying £4-99 with no doubt about the product. Click-and-collect was a more reasonable £3-69 (or so). We had originally walked past it simply because it was more than we would pay.

I know the actual amount is pretty small but the attitude behind the shop is dire.

Reply to
polygonum

====snip====

Did you *really* have to ask? :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Wadda you doin' here then?

You don't have to spend much time lurking in this news group to see the frequent mention of Toolstation (oft referred to as "Toolsatan") and Screwfix. The portmanteau word, "Screwsatan" is an obvious 'no-brainer' reference (a bit like the "Aldiddle" one).

Reply to
Johnny B Good

I still don't know.

Reply to