Where to buy?

I need a loft hatch twist latch (type that comes with a pole). Having fitted two push release types guy found that on windy days they were not only push release but self opening. Any ideas where I can buy one?

Reply to
Peter

Did you ask Guy? :-)

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Or draughtproof your loft ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Screwfix have a Manthorpe plastic one: not very robust but better than anything I could carpenter*

the same or similar in B&Q recentlyOr search for Manthorpe loft doors*but then most goldfish are better carpenters than me: I blame it onbeing required to give up woodwork in order to take Latin--Robin

Reply to
neverwas

What happened to my paragraph breaks? Here is the same post with (I hope) them added back:

Screwfix have a Manthorpe plastic one: not very robust but better than anything I could carpenter*

the same or similar in B&Q recentlyOr search for Manthorpe loft doors*but then most goldfish are better carpenters than me: I blame it onbeing required to give up woodwork in order to take Latin--Robin

Reply to
neverwas

Is this what you were looking for ?

Andy Cap

> Andy C

That'll do nicely, thanks Andy

Peter

Reply to
Peter

I doubt that is possible, its the pressure difference between the loft and house that are the problem. Having the hatch push hard against some resilient sealing strip might work.

Or fit a door type safety chain to the hatch soe when it does get released by the wind it doesn't go anywhere.

Or make a turn buckle to either latch into the slot in the frame or if the trap is flush just across the gap.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice