Where can U get a key cut like this?

<snip>

Also "upside down management". Frontline people have immense authority to vary prices, pay compensation and do what they think best serves the customer. Head office and regional management are there to help.

Much written about but a brief summary in his own words is

Robin

The "widely available referred back to "Yale Superior..." That's why it was "eg Timpsons" not "at Timpsons".

Reply to
Robin

There was an article with Timpson, his company and town centres, on Radio 4 recently; very interesting.

Reply to
Fredxx

You need to get out more, and venture further than the corners of your village! :-)

Reply to
Fredxx

Similar to our front and back door keys. But ours have tiny magnets embedded in them...

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Sugru is available too, just make a new end for it.

Reply to
dennis

That's one thing they do, another is to offer free cleaning for anyone who's unemployed and can't afford to get e.g. a suit ready for a job interview.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's a locksmith run by ex-burglars. It's true, the management is heavily into offender rehabilitation.

Reply to
Graham.

Abloy locks, which tend to be upmarket, often use dimple keys.

Reply to
Pamela

I think it an excellent idea.

It's good to know there is still at least some rehabilitation going on. Too many leave prison as bigger criminals than they went in.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It may be cheaper and easier to get a new euro lock off ebay. In my opinion it alright having fancy keys to stop lock picking but most break ins have the lock snapped or a window broken for access.

Reply to
ss

Only time the house I was in was burgled they missed the unlocked door and jemmied a window.

Handy as that went on the police report and th insurance wasnt affected.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Was that price for their "lifetime" service where they replace the battery then and again for no additional charge whenever it needs another new one? That is patently still expensive for those who can DIE but not a bad deal for those who can't compared with the competition.

Reply to
Robin

'DIE'? I suppose that makes sense in as much as it /is/ a better deal for the undead among us. But I meant 'DIY'.

Reply to
Robin

Looks like a anti bump key. I had a Yale barrel lock with a similar key.

These locks usually come with 3 to 6 keys. Has your acquaintance have the spares stored in a drawer somewhere that can be swapped?

Reply to
alan_m

I've never seen a branch, however I never use Tesco.

Reply to
alan_m

There not only used on Euro locks but also on rim cylinder locks. Usually the keyway has a 'normally' horizontal slot.

Reply to
alan_m

I assumed that you would:-)

HMP Sudbury (another one I worked at) is also an excellent place for training people ready to be released. In their case I met the lads doing their catering qualifications. They have their own restaurant that is outside the fence that is open to the public. Well worth a visit for anyone that is passing. You would not know it was prisoners that were waiting on you and cooking the food if it was not actually in the prison car park.

Of course being a cat D (open prison) means that you are unlikely to see much trouble even when inside the fence.

But then again

some of them cannot help themselves from being pillocks.

Reply to
ARW