Where can U get a key cut like this?

Car body filler shhhurely?!?

Reply to
Jim K..

Bet there are, unless you want "yards away"...

Reply to
Jim K..

You know what to do....

Reply to
Jim K..

It's off some weird DG door a elderly aquaihntance has and the key is falling to bits at the handle end.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Similar to some car keys - you could try a proper car parts shop that does keycutting.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

A good locksmith

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Hard to tell from that photo. Always help to measurements of key and photo of lock. But might be nothing more exotic than a Yale "Superior" Euro Cylinder. If so widely available - eg Timpsons.

Reply to
Robin

Who or what are 'Timpsons' - never heard of em.

So much for 'widely available' :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The cobblers/dry-cleaners/key-cutting kiosk that's in most(?) Sainsburys

Reply to
Andy Burns

The Natural Philosopher snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid wrote in news:qaukio$t8k$1 @dont-email.me:

You could send the image to: snipped-for-privacy@replacementkeys.co.uk

Reply to
DerbyBorn

None anywhere near here.

Anyway guided with that its seems to be a magnum millenco key, and there is a decent locksmith on email in Cambridge

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

if it is, and the owner has the little fob with three barcodes on it tucked away somewhere, you can order a key online instead of taking the original in to have it duplicated.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Looks like it's diyable with a pillar drill. Now's the time to get one if you don't already

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I must admit, I thought there was one in most UK towns of a decent size. They are like Boots, you just expect to see one.

They often have then outside big supermarkets - both our local Tescos and Sainsburys have one (the later is a proper shop).

Interesting business story- there was a programme on the TV about it a few years back.

Reply to
Brian Reay

They are called "Dimple Keys" The main manufacturers are Chubb and Yale

harry

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

They give ex-offenders a second chance?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Even if the wpner has the little fob, i doubt he would be able to find it inside of three months..

Elderly people...I guess its coming to me soon

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes they do. Why not?

The lad I was chatting with with the other month at a prison was about to go out on day release to work there. And 90% of his wage will be stopped to pay back back his victims. So that will be 90% of his wage until he is released in 6 months time.

Apparently his wife and kids will be calling in from school some days to ask how much it costs to cut a key:-) They live too far away to call in every day.

A most interesting chat (well a long chat as I worked with him for 3 weeks on that job) so I got to know a bit about him, his crimes and how he coped in prison as he is not a drug user or an alcoholic.

Reply to
ARW

Well they "only" have a little over 1000 stores.

Nearly all within supermarkets (Tesco, Sainsburys, etc.) doing keys, shoe repairs, etc. They apparently even do replacement car keys (with the electronics for the alarm/immobiliser) a lot cheaper than main dealers. However their key-cutting and watch battery services are much more than the local car parts shop.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker