Where can I find one of those old cylinder / cannon / barrack room stoves?

They are available in flat black as well as the tarty enamels.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Eh? we used to have a potbelly. It ran just fine on wood only, on wood plus coal or coal alone. Though the manufacturer advised not to use high calorific coal as it might get so hot the grate would melt. This potbelly heated a 20m long knocked thru lounge/living/kitchen area in Southern New Zealand, and we had a series of 10degree frosts one winter. It banked up well overnight too.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com wrote in news:u20bv01k7npj3m6g03hbk4bbir0tasjvk9@

4ax.com:

I think you're thinking of the Navy

mike

Reply to
mike ring

In message , Rob Morley writes

ISTR reading that in the reception to their Business Centre.

Reply to
Clint Sharp