Where can I find this Quick connect shut off Valve? for Sprinkler?? Brass

I have a really odd quick connect valve (brass) for our sprinkler system. Since we just moved into this house, I don't know who installed this valve. I called all kinds of sprinkler system store to find this valve. Also, tried local hardware stores like home depot. I think the valve is worn out, since I am not able to connect the male end of the hose, it keeps slipping out (it will not stay connected). The other problem is even if it worked, it's a real problem, since I want to connect a splitter, so I can have a garden house connected at the same time. So What I am hoping to do un solder the old faulty valve and solder a Tee and install one regular garden hose valve and one quick connect value. (p.s. the male end of the hose is about 3/4" OD, the actual hose is labeled as a 1" od x

3/4" ID Transparent hose). I have seen quick connect before, but they are usually plastic and smaller. Any idea where I can find such a quick connect valve or any other solutions? I have a link of my valve and hose as jpg. Thanks.

lbbss

I was going to suggest Smith & Hawken, but I see they're closing their doors. Bummer.

RicodJour

Your "odd quick connect valve" is really 2 (or more ) parts. The valve itself, plus the QC adapter, very much like this one, shown at:

You should be able to unscrew the adapter from the valve and just replace the adapter as needed (or changed to some other arrangement.

Reply to
Reed

Even my local HD store has them.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Like was already posted, you have an everyday normal valve, it's the atatchment screwed onto it that is giving you trouble. Depending on the type and brand, there may be a collar on the female end that you must slide towards or away from you in order to insert the male end. I know Lowes carries new ones, but you really have to shop around to find one that doesn't restrict the water flow too much. Lowes also carries splitters too although you will have some water restriction. Yes you can unsolder and remove the current valve and plumb in two valves if that is what you want. That should give less water restriction.

Reply to
Tony

Yes, you are right. It turns out that you can unscrew it. Here is what it looks like.

lbbss

That looks like an odd installation. Are you in an area with cold winters? If so, you should replace that hose bib with a frost-proof one, and tighten up the installation. Looks drafty.

RicodJour

Yes, ontario canada.

Hose bib? Is that what I have on mine? I also have two flat spots on my threaded end for some reason. What we usually do, is shut off the water from inside of the house, to prevent the outside valve from freeing and drain it from inside the house. All i need now is to find some kind of extension, since my tap is so close to the house, I can't get a slipper installed. thanks.

Reply to
lbbss

That looks like the Anti-siphon faucet they use around here

Reply to
Rudy

I also noticed that it had some black sealer or some sort between that tap and the quick connect I removed. Any idea why? Maybe it leaks, since there is a slot on both sides of the tread (not sure why).

Reply to
lbbss