when?

Think the name came in with RISCOS 3 - late 80s?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You never watched "Z" cars then.

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

From the Free On-Line Dictionary of Computing:

| application program | (Or "application", "app") A complete, self-contained program that | performs a specific function directly for the user.

| Last updated: 2007-02-02

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

To my knowledge they have always been apps on Android. BICBW

When Microsoft brought out a Windows for phones they morphed the terminology to Apps where user already had familiarity with 'apps'.

Since Microsoft got out of the phone business it was all a bit pointless.

Reply to
Fredxx