wheelbarrow

I guess you could still have the hoop at the front to tip things out high enough, even if you had the wheel more under the load?

Maybe it's easier to push a load over lumps and bumps when it's slung between two ends (less chance of it tipping out forwards)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Having the wheel further in front especially if it has part of the frame projecting in front of the wheel in a loop gives a point that allows a load to be tipped higher than if the wheel sits further back, useful if you are piling material like sand,soil ,cow dung etc onto a heap.

GH

Reply to
Marland

My parents got one of those when I was a kid.

The first limiting factor was traction. On anything other than really flat ground I couldn't move it at all.

The second limiting factor was - once or twice I'd got it moving OK, and hit a big bump. The handle shot up in the air, taking me with it, and it dumped its entire contents on the ground...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris