what tools?

I have got to cut a channel 100mm x 100mm around the periphery of my concrete and stone basement floor to put a drainage channel in. What tools would the panel recommend?

tia

Antony

Reply to
Antony

A sodding good vacuum cleaner :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Because the easiest, secound to blasting, is to cut with a disc cutter and then use a decent breaker, such as a Kango or Hilti TE905.

The other way to evacuate the dust would be to apply positive pressure to the room and blow out the door using a sodding great big fan.

Good luck.

Steve Dawson

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

A Sthl saw with diamond blade and water cooling to minise the dust?

dg

Reply to
dg

I would take a trip the the hire chop (not HSS), descibe the problem, and let them recommend.

Ask a million stupid questions before taking them away.

A saw and a breaker sound like what you need, and a hover. It may be that one of thos saws they use to cut holes in the road will be good. As they are self supporting and covered in guards it looks much saver than a still saw.

Also think about how you are going to breath/see when working in there.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper