What's to be done with an old frying-pan?

With a frying pan? You are obviously more inventive in that area than I am.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

At my age I'd have to be super inventive with any method ...

It amuses me when I go for a uterine scan as part of a clinical research sub protocol. The ulstra sound gadget is in the assisted fertility unit. Hopeful young couples have to sit in the waiting room with grey and long bearded Spouse and me, I'd obviously break all world records for giving birth ... Perhaps I shold tell them about frying pans.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

doesnt that cause digestion problems?

Probably teeth problems as well.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Use it as a shovel to dig a shallow grave?

Reply to
Rob Morley

"D.M. Procida" wrote in message news:1grywvg.x85xuf1ltco8wN% snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk...

Just had a genuine idea:

Cut down the rim at both sides of the handle and round the bottom edge of the pan (removing the sides) so that you are left with the handle attached to the flat base.

It will make an admirable peel.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Saute the kids...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I have an old aluminum pan that I have successfully seasoned. It used to be a non-stick one, but the wife used a metal spatula and scratched the surface to such an extent that it was not a non-stick pan any more :-(

As it was quite an expensive one, I took off the handle and coated the pan with a thin film of ground nut oil and put it in the oven at the maximum temperature. The result of this was I had a new non-stick pan again :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I'v been trying to imagine what Mary looks like.

Didn't reckon on the beard though :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

er, what's a peel?

Reply to
John Stumbles

Bzzzzt! next contestant, please.

Le Creuset make them. They're very heavy, the non-stick comes off quite easily and they shatter if dropped onto a tiled floor.

Reply to
Huge

You have mail

Reply to
Mary Fisher

D'ye not ken?

It's a sort of large spatula for removing free-form bread and the like from an oven, especially an earth oven. Always used to be wood but they don't have to be.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Bob Eager" wrote | > But, what do you do with the frying pan after the kids have | > incinerated themselves? | Saute the kids...

Human black puddings are already being discussed on ukfdm

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You rose to the bait!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I could say that I'm completely right, as I refuse to believe otherwise :)

Won't do the floor much good either.

What's the point? Would work better with a thin Al layer on the inside.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

How exactly does this work?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

nightjar .uk.com>

surface

incinerated

Not sure about the frying pan, but as for the kids, plenty more where they came from :-)

I should have said campfire rather than bonfire!

Holly

Reply to
Holly, in France

Do we even want to know what ukfdm is?

Reply to
Chris Hodges

uk.food+drink.misc

Not as interesting or as gory as d-i-y.

Nor uk.business.agriculture ... they're always nailing politicans to church doors there.

Mary

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The surface becomes largely carbon and is quite rugged, it's similar to the "black" which forms on baking trays etc which are constantly used in the oven. However it's not nearly as good a non-stick surface as a genuine teflon coating.

Reply to
Fred