What is the name for a shower tray with upright edges?

Looking for a shower tray for someone. When I was doing my shower ~15 years ago, there were trays with vertical edges designed to go up behind the wall panels, but I can't find them now, probably because I forgot the name. I thought they were upstands, but that seems to be the name of a shower tray which is raised off the floor, which isn't what I'm after.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On 07 Aug 2014, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) grunted:

I'm pretty sure 'upstand' is correct. This us the model (or similar) I fitted a couple of years ago:

(Thoroughly recommended BTW)

Reply to
Lobster

That's the sort of thing, but what a crap website. What I want is that feature on something like their slimline trays installed flat to floor, but there's no way to search and see if they have such a thing. I'll carry on googling...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Upstands is the correct term but does seem to have morphed to mean "legs".

I've never used one but have heard that, if tiling, they can give problems in pulling the bottom row of tiles off (presumably if bedded vert thinly.)

Reply to
Scott M

The last 2 showers I've installed, they were called "upstands", as you surmise, and were bits of aluminium extrusion you fastened to the edge of the tray, then tiled over.

Reply to
Huge