What has Jeremy Clarkson done ?

They'd book an hotel 100 miles away? In the UK?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Usually a Holiday Inn. At best. ;-)

Talent may get something better.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It gives them an excuse for a helicopter trip. More likely the used two locations, one of which was close to the hotel.

Reply to
charles

I find that remark deeply homophobic.

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Doesn't everybody have Sky or Vigin TV anyway?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No.

Reply to
Adrian

Only those who like football.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What I *meant* to to say was "if they think the british public will sign up to sky or another pay to watch top gear then they must be mad"

They being Murdoch or Beardy or whoever, Not Clarkson

That is sport

The viewing figures for top gear on dave? about three, and one of those is probably stuck with batteries for the remote and is desperately trying to change channel to watch Last of the Summer Wine.

Reply to
The Other Mike

As the incident was supposed to have happened last week, with reduced daylight hours then that would imply night flying, not impossible but to a remote location in Wensleydale not a really good idea.

Reply to
The Other Mike

I hate football & I have Virgin TV.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No, some of us pick and choose - Netflix for base selection and rent-on-demand Google Play Store (which has nearly all the stuff Netflix don't) and at (usually) £2.49 for a rental, it's cheaper than going to the video shop 15 years ago and a bloody sight more convenient. And I do not have to wash unspecified sticky substances off the DVD before it will play :)

Netflix is disappointing (even with Unblock-US) if you want a massive movie selection - but it's actually pretty good if you treat it like a massive on demand TV channel, which in hindsight, is probably a better description.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Certainly not. I object to Sky's model where you have to pay for them to beam advertising at you. It's a good wind up to do at those mobile Sky booths. I always pretend that they "obviously" must be offering either a free sub with ads or paid-for with no ads, and then affect astonishment when they put me right.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If you look at what Sky/BT will pay for mediocre football, then Top Gear with Clarkson is almost priceless.

Reply to
Capitol

Sometimes I despair of your intellect. Try thinking like a Sun journalist and you might understand the logic.

Reply to
Capitol

No.

Reply to
Huge

What is the source for your numbers?

Reply to
Capitol

Just 30% on Foxtel here despite free-to-air commercial TV being pretty dire and full of adverts

Tony Bryer

I don't even have a television that can receive digital broadcasts.

Reply to
Nightjar

But as yet no news on what the "incident2 actually involved. Maybe the producer or whoever challenged him to a fight.

Reply to
bert

Oh did one get "twatted"? Are you sure?

Reply to