What has Jeremy Clarkson done ?

In message , Sam Plusnet writes

Exactly. Since when did the press let the absence of facts ruin a good story?

Reply to
bert

I've only ever once been involved in this type of thing. Something which would be done in "a couple of hours" had us hanging around most of the day. They were f*******useless. Couldn't organise the proverbial bus queue. They had to have a meeting just to organise parking their cars. By late afternoon I was totally hacked off.

Reply to
bert

In message , Phil L writes

500,000 are sufficiently eager to keep him on that they have gone to the trouble of signing a petition. You can make no assumption about the views of those like me who haven't signed the petition.
Reply to
bert

I knew someone who was sacked from the civil service for verbally threatening another member of staff *off duty* down the pub (or back from the pub, I forget - not work time either way and no assault occurred).

It did not help that he was the union rep and quite "well known" amongst the SEOs and Grade 7s.

I liked him - decent enough bloke, but a bit mouthy which is what did for him in the end. But he is exactly the sort I *would* want to represent me at a hearing...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Dave Plowman (News) scribbled

More info is coming out. They were 2 hours late and the chef at the hotel had gone home. No alternative arrangements had been made when the group arrived at the hotel at 10pm(ish).

Reply to
Jonno

Dave Plowman (News) scribbled

Reminds me of the numerous managers in a supermarket. I knew of one bloke who was the manager of 15 foot of shelf space.

Reply to
Jonno

SWMBO did that once, when she couldn't get another job (she had graduated with a degree in English; she saw the error of her ways and now does computing).

The place she worked for had loads of 'department managers' although I think she had a bit more space than that.

(incidentally, this was back in the late 1970s, when these two businessmen rented cheap warehouse space for their new concept of store. Their names? Mr Block and Mr Quayle)

Reply to
Bob Eager

We can make the assumption that you don't care enough to sign the petition.

Reply to
Adrian

Ahhh. But the likes of Phil L and Adrian will use your silence as a voice supporting their view. I'd rather be talking out my own arse than have someone else's arse be my mouthpiece.

Reply to
Richard

Hmm - that is an asst producers c*ck up then.

They cannot really help running late once it's happening but anyone with half a brain would realise hotels do not usually offer midnight dining and rang ahead to either:

a) Offer a big fat bonus to the hotel and the kitchen staff to stay late;

b) Ring around some takeaways to deliver a varied spread to the hotel and ask the hotel if they could just have restaurant space and access to the crockery.

If it had been me I'd have probably clocked the guilty person too and I never hit anyone...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I understand that they were late becasue they'd been in a pub near the location for a lot longer than planned.

As I told an ABS meeting back in the 1970s, money doesn't get you extra sleep.

Reply to
charles

You could, with as much validity, assume that he cares, but does not think that a petition will have any effect.

Reply to
Nightjar

In article , bert scribeth thus

Used to more or less live on that diet many years ago being the roadie for the band;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

Perhaps they do care, but think petitions are a waste of time ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

nowhere for

B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Tony Sayer

Snip

/roadie for the band;)... /q

???? Lemony Snicket?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Lucky you.

Reply to
Adrian

He has bowled a blinder. His contact is up as is the rest of them. Other TV co's will pay them 10's millions to go to them. BBC looses a flag ship program.

Reply to
zaax

But you don't know whether your assumption is correct.

Reply to
bert

Or for many, that they do not have access to the Internet to sign the petition.

Reply to
bert