What has Jeremy Clarkson done ?

The salient "fact" is that the incident happened last week, but was only reported yesterday. So certainly nothing which warranted police involvement

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Did I assert he had? I thought we were discussing the role & responsibilities of a producer.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What's this about donkeys?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Cranleigh has M&S, Sainsbury's and The Co-Op. Alfold Barn and the Three Compasses do food. Dunsfold Park also has its own onsite catering.

It's only 40 miles? from London. Fortnum's could put a couple of hampers in a fast taxi.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

When is a producer not a producer? When he's an assistant producer...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No different from any other reasonable size production. When you've been outside in the cold/wet etc, meal breaks are very important. To those who actually make the programme, day in, day out. May not be obvious to a researcher etc who spends most of his time in an office on the phone, and only works on location once in a while.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, yes - with both Radio & tv OBs ...

Reply to
charles

And the papers will report everything in a straight factual manner without putting any kind of spin on the story[1] to make it (even more) juicy.

How nice to have such a reliable press.

[1] Or simply make stuff up because it makes a better headline.
Reply to
Sam Plusnet

And you worked on a large production where they 'forgot' the catering?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

luckily - no

Reply to
charles

In message , The Other Mike writes

Oh, I don't know. I've been in Widnes on a wet night with the whole Humphrey Lyttlton band, walking, looking for somewhere with food. There was nothing to interpret.

I can't remember what we found, probably the crisps were of the generation that had little twists of salt for nourishment.

Reply to
Bill

Quite. 'An army marches on its stomach' is even more true of a TV crew. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When I was at university there was no catering on campus after 1830 apart from crisps and any filled rolls left over after lunchtime (and the icecream van)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Gosh, its many years since you were at University isn't it?

;-))

Reply to
Mark Allread

Don't be silly, they don't have Pret a Manger in Newcastle....

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Aye weel, that's higher education in Scotland for you.

We made do with a porridge drawer.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Allegedly he attempted to hit him, but is it a crime if you miss?

Reply to
bert

Don't know what all the fuss is about. Happens in football clubs on the training ground and there's plenty of violence on the pitch. Player is suspended for two or three weeks and fined two weeks wages. End of.

Reply to
bert

Pure speculation.

Reply to