Looking for laser printer that also copies

Are there colour laser printers that also copy (and presumably scan)? If so, has anyone a recommendation?
--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net

There's loads of them, search for:-
all-in-one colour laser printer
I don't have much of a recommendation, HP are OK (or used to be) but for Windows they tend to want you to download so much driver software it becomes a bit of a pain. Pretty well supported on Linux though.
--
Chris Green
·

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:08:06 +0000, cl wrote:

You need to install the ludicrous "product suite" which at the last count was 300MB+.
Get used to it, as you will probably need to reinstall it when your printer falls of the network.

Had same problem with their photosmart drivers. I found that if you let the installation go as far as unpacking, then search around in temp directories, you can find a standard windows printer driver diorectory which it's unpacked. Fire up the Windows Add Printer, say you have a disk, and point it at the unpacked driver directory. When it's installed, return to the HP installer window and abandon it.
You can probably do same for the scanner, but I didn't have time to find where it had unpacked that (also not being so familiar with what I was looking for in the case of a scanner).

The nagging adware is a right royal pain in the arse. For the printer I have, the windows driver works fine, but most of the rest of the software HP wants to install is complete crap.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 10/03/15 15:56, Timothy Murphy wrote:

Yes - Samsung CLX series . I have one (CLX-4195FW). Slow printing but the quality is good - scan to email works well.
Virtually the same as:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
- heavy bastard mind - you'll need a string table!
Tim Watts wrote:

Thanks, I'll look at that.
I actually have a Samsung CLP-325, that seems to have died. It's rather curious, as it sometimes seem to print OK, but usually behaves strangely, either printing nothing or printing half the page down the bottom of the sheet. It also makes a slightly whining note, which is a bit worrying
--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net
On 10/03/2015 16:13, Tim Watts wrote:

Would that be hammock like and be suspended from a ceiling?
On 10/03/2015 16:13, Tim Watts wrote:

Or even a strong one!
--
Cheers,
Roger
On 10/03/15 22:20, Roger Mills wrote:

Hmm dropped a bit of a clanger...
Now where's my blue strong soup?
Timothy Murphy wrote:

Also checkout copiers that will print which might give some further options. We had a HP at work (10 years ago so bound to be obsolete) that was described that way.
On 10/03/2015 15:56, Timothy Murphy wrote:

There are but unless you are really tight for space you can do better with a dedicated scanner and a cheaper to run colour laser printer.
The all-in-ones all seem to have premium priced ink/toner so do the monthly usage sums for consumables very carefully or get burned.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Timothy Murphy wrote:

    Our family uses Brother 9020 laser printers. Very heavy, but IME a joy to use. Even has the ability to print from my Android phone.
Timothy Murphy wrote:

My Xerox 6015 works well, and a friend who I recommended it to is also pleased.
--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England

Following a bargain I couldn't resist in Staples and the friend I asked about colour lasers offering me his, I am now the proud owner of a Dell C1765nf and an HP MFP275. I've had them just a few weeks, but have done a fair bit of printing and a little scanning and copying. The Dell was free, the HP £49. The HP has this weird "3D" scanner, which is basically a pair of cameras on arms above the bed. I wouldn't recommend it, but it has produced some really nice scans of objects as well as normal paper. Could be brilliant for scanning little lumpy things for sale on ebay. The Dell is standard and has a sheet feeder. The only thing that has surprised me compared to my old but superb Xerox P12 printer is how small the input paper tray is on both.
Print quality is excellent on both, and light years ahead of the HP C5280 inkjet they replaced.
I have no idea yet of the running costs, so I may yet have to fail to retire the Xerox, which is amazingly cheap to run for b&w printing..
--
Bill

That's something that's been puzzling me whilst looking for a new printer/copier. My old bog standard HP laser printer takes a full ream, but most current copiers, even quite heavy duty ones, only take 250 or 300 sheets unless you pay an extra ?100 for an add-on paper tray.