What happens if you deep fry a loaded gun?

At last we have answers ....

Andy Bennet

I was surprised that 175 deg C / 350 deg F was hot enough to trigger the detonator to fire the propellant in the cartridge. But I suppose if it is triggered by sudden compression of the hammer, high temperature will do it too. I was very disappointed that the explosion didn't set the oil on fire, even where it was vaporised as it was being ejected through the hole in the casing of the fryer: I was hoping for an impressive fireball and lots of filthy-black smoke.

I never fail to be gobsmacked by how much Americans are in love with guns. In the UK we (well, most of us) never get to see a gun in our lives and don't grow up thinking of them as commonplace and normal - and as toys like in this video.

Reply to
NY

well with all those muslim incomers pehaps we all should have one to defend ourselves....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

You need to look at Mythbusters who investigated all such heated guns and ammo questions several years ago, I believe every episode is being cycled on a Pluto tv free to air channel at the moment available through a Samsung tv near you. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I'll raise you this:

SH