What - electric car charging

On the local TV news - A taxi plugs into a rapid charger, which the interviewed 'expert' declared was rated at 50Kv. I watched it twice, to be sure of what the 'expert' had actually said.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

50kW charging is available.

Remind us again what you plug your Tonka toy into?

Reply to
ARW

Sorry wrong Harry.

Reply to
ARW

Wrong units too?

Reply to
Bob Eager

If we wanted to be charitable, it could be the nerves caused by the prospect of being interviewed that caused temporary brain failure.

I'm not noted for my reluctance to offer opinions, I've done a bit of public speaking and have had a fair bit of training for this as well as for media presentation. But I completely fluffed a short piece to camera when a TV crew were collecting backup takes after their main interviews with other people, and my second take would have been unusable too (only they were too nice to say so).

Reply to
newshound