what does the team think?

While you're waiting I'll remind you that ECJ has annulled the EU Regulation on labelling the energy efficiency of vacuum cleaners because the Commission got wrong the basic measurement of efficiency:

"Since the Commission adopted a method for calculating the energy performance of vacuum cleaners based on an empty receptacle, the General Court holds that that method does not comply with the essential elements of the directive.

The General Court finds, therefore, that the Commission disregarded an essential element of the directive and annuls the regulation since the method for calculating energy performance is not an element which may be severed from the remainder of the regulation."

Reply to
Robin

And turning them off might cause a frozen pipe and ensuing flood which the churches insurance might then refuse to pay for.

Reply to
Andrew

You don't have to look that hard to find plenty that make a lot of noise (good suck or otherwise) as I proved when looking for a 'quiet' cleaner and ended up with a Miele Big Cat and Dog. I took my sound level meter in and once they realised what it was all about they were all onboard, dragging all sorts of cleaners out to 'measure'. ;-)

I normally use it at the lower end it's power settings because it's quieter and still has sufficient suck to do it's job (dusting things off when sorting out mainly).

For general floor work it's the Dyson V6 Animal, loud but isn't typically used for a long time (even if you wanted to). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Just goes to show the Commission are not all powerful as many here suggest.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Doesn't matter how powerful the ECJ is we are leaving it so will have no say in the regs we will be following.

I pity May, she hasn't worked out that you can't please all the brexiteers whatever you do. Some want a complete cut, some want their cake and to eat it. There is a huge range in between that want other things. Maybe she will work out that she can please all the remainers, but I doubt if she has that much sense.

Reply to
invalid

====snip====

I'd be more concerned about small boys and grown-ups possessed of excellent, rather than poor marksmanship in this situation. :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Yes. I have an MP3 player. By default it is so quiet as to be useless and there is no warning and option to override. Telling it that you live in the USA increases the volume limit so as actually to be useable.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I don't think it is down to just being different makes. We have found that vaccing most of the house is easy enough, but the hall, stairs and landing carpet clings to pet hairs and despite the fact that our cats are banned from there and rarely get in, a fair few hairs get there and are incredibly difficult to remove - we never found the living room carpet difficult to vac, when we had one). Switching the Henry to 1200W and scrubbing with the brushes extended on the multipurpose end still takes a lot of physical effort to get them off.

I think some carpets really do require the use of higher powered vacs.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

No That's there full time justification for existing.

Reply to
bert

no, I don't have the IET's CoP. I'll get a copy at Savoy Place on Monday.

Reply to
charles

Perhaps a garden style socket would be better suited ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I did a one day course which had particular relevance to theatres. Of course, record keeping went into it. Everyone is obsessed witn record keeping.

My degree (Engineering) (in 1962) was long before any of these things had been invented. A Megger was the thing for doing insulation tests.

Yes, I am a CEng. But, There is no specific "standard qualification". The phrase is "competant person".

Since my course was 11 years ago, I might well do a refresher.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
charles

Good Man :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Cool - sounds like you're OK then, from an insurance POV.

I have a Megger (1552 off ebay) - it does all 3 main tests (but not an earth rod test)

It's nice, reliable and on the couple of times I gave it to calibrate, never moves :)

I don't doubt the phrase or you - I am just raising how the insurers will view it - they're the ones who will be box ticking a-holes :-|

Reply to
Tim Watts

Thank God we won't have to put up with this old shit for much longer.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Who would God create a flood and the church claim on insurance, sounds like fraud to me :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

God didn't stop a "down & out" breaking into the church and trying to start a fire. The resultant smoke damage was paid for by insurance - after a long battle. The insuance co han't come across my son-in-law who was a building surveyor in his previous life.

Reply to
charles

Typical right winger, doesn't like the extra protection of the ECJ because it stops the right wingers being so nasty.

Reply to
invalid

Or a better brush to dislodge the hairs?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

ell course not he's God and forgives them, the rest was the work of the devil or BREXITEER.

Why a long battle I;m guess the devil didnl;t own up.

Reply to
whisky-dave