Weird debit account

I thought that. In effect then, it is a bit disrespectful to the trader to use a credit card when you could use a debit card, and even more so to use American Express I believe.

Reply to
Scott

When I had a company-provided American Express card, it proved to be the worst possible company in terms of sorting out any problems. I will never use them again, and I support businesses that do not accept the card.

Reply to
Davey

Certainly, our newsagent prefers me to use a debit card - so I do.

Reply to
charles

I was issued with one once. I then went to the US on business, and found that almost nowhere would take it. I had to use my own CC, which luckily had enough free. Apparently they charge the companies more than Visa or Mastercard.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

... which is why so many retailers won't accept Amex.

Reply to
Scott

You must wonder why their powers-that-be do not reduce the rate to match other cards' rate. But then, my experience of them did not convince me that they really cared about anything.

Reply to
Davey