Weee

Does anyone know who gets the 10p plus VAT that I got charged extra on the fluorescent tube(s) -each one 10p. I bought the other day. This amount was itemised as the Weee charge. There is no way it will be taken back to the supplier (or any other supplier) at 'the end of life'

Reply to
John Smith

In theory and all probability it goes into a pot from which local councils are supposed to provide WEEE collection facilities.

AIUI it's to pay for you taking the old one back now, not for taking this one back in x years time, which would be paid for by the WEEE charge on the next replacement.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Sounds like they were taking the wee.