Weed & Feed & Moss Killer

A bit hit & miss that .... would depend so much on what you had been eating in previous 12 Hrs ........ wonder what teh effect of Lamb Bhuna & onion Bhaji would be on a lawn?

Reply to
rick

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 21:40:47 +0100, rick wrote:

Ask whoever was living in one the desirable properties around here

nearly 30 years ago . Some friends were living nearby and were able to rent a rather posh flat nearby as they were being paid good expenses for working away from base for a summer, and we piled up there to watch the Superprix race around Brum in August 86. Later some sampling of local brews was undertaken and the evening concluded with an Indian being partaken in a rather good establishment. Unfortunately one mate found on the walk back that his metabolism could not cope with both Curry and Cask ale and suddenly had to go so urgently that he ran into one of the entrances hoping to reach a large bush observed in a flowerbed however the need became so dire that the cover could not be reached so the lawn it was. Sods law dictated that was the moment when whom we presume were the owners swept into their drive and must for an instance have wondered why they had a new garden ornament on their lawn resembling a life size Gnome with its trousers down on the lawn that was now illuminated brilliantly by the headlights of their Mercedes. The wondering probably stopped and got replaced by shock and horror when the "Gnome" rapidly ran out of the other entrance in an undignified manner and they realised what it had actually been up to. Probably did wonders for the then embryonic electric gate market around there.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

An update...

You were not wrong.

I bought a large bag, followed the instructions carefully, watched the grass grow greener along with the weeds! Very few weeds were killed.

All these things are temporary solutions. The "burnt patches" are dead moss, nothing you have done wrong. You need to improve the drainage. If the lawn is shaded, you are on a hiding to nothing

Reply to
harry

Use a weedkiller,

I've used Verdone weedkiller and it was successful at killing lawn weeds.

There are others, containing some mixture or other of the active ingredients - Dicamba, Mecoprop-P, Fluroxypyr, Chlorpyralid, MCPA

Reply to
Chris French

In message , Chris French writes

At least one of those products has a long active life and will damage susceptible seedlings grown from composted lawn mowings. Quite what happens when they are passed on to the district council waste operatives is uncertain.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I've long since contracted out feeding and weed killing our lawn to a local company. They do a far better job and are cheaper than DIYing.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You can't have been using it right then. It still works fine.

That seems unlikely. I only buy my Spring weed & feed when it is being remaindered at half price in Autumn to make way for the unholy alliance of the Halloween Santas Grotto in the local mega garden centre.

Spot weeding with Verdone in a small sprayer and a 12" screwdriver suffices to keep the dandelions under control in the meantime.

Reply to
Martin Brown