We're saved

Here, the only food deliveries we can get, are from the shop at the local Post Office. Not one of the supermarkets will deliver to us (the nearest one is about 40 miles away).

Reply to
S Viemeister

Main problem is none of the candidates can survive for long in sunlight

- which is a bit of a problem if the aim is photosynthesis.

Sugar cane is about as good as it gets on Earth.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Yes. That is essentially the case.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That man is indeed an idiot. That man is you. You're a pathetic tosser Drivel.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You said there was no debt.

Reply to
harry

Tch. Speak for yourself. I have never owed money.

Reply to
harry

Yes, but this means we'll be able to make petrol with all that too-cheap-to-meter electricity :p

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

If we were forced to go 100% nuclear due to lack of fossil (and lack of cash to indulge in stupid windmills) that would be the way to go. Off peak electricity would be available to pump into fuel synthesis.

It makes fuel bloody expensive, but at least we would still have some..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If (and it's a pretty big if) there's a significant oxygen outflow this could be fed to a fossil fuel station (or for that matter any fuel burning station) to increase the efficiency - you wouldn't need to heat all that nitrogen.

If there isn't - well, releasing small quantities of oxygen is hardly a major risk to the environment.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

You really are senile.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You really do not get it. Bloody Daily Mail reading fool.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh my God a a total nutball.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Tell that to the blue/green algae that probably built the stromatolites. For a lot of life oxygen is deadly toxin...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

ISTR that the Severn Barrage cost (surely cheaper than lagoons in general as well as providing another "free" crossing) comes out way more expensive than wind.

Reply to
newshound

Lagoons will take up 20% of the Irish, or less if the North Sea and the English Channel are also used.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Doctor Drivel" wrote: [snip]

Stammering in the presence of your LORD! It is good that you are overawed. Cower, brief mortal!

Reply to
Steve Firth

True but it would last a thousand years.

Reply to
harry

The obsessive idiot keeps going and going.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, we'd noticed. Now do us all a favour and give up, please.

Reply to
John Williamson

I doubt it.

Reply to