Way to go den ...

With your background, I had thought it might be related to this:

Reply to
Rod

I thought she was in the London service...

Reply to
Andy Hall

They could do with some publicity on both of those.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I hope she learns from that! It was her fault!

Reply to
dennis

I couldn't think of a tactful way of saying it either.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I thought for a good few seconds and decided that tack would be wasted on TMH. He probably thinks its good driving to run pets down. I wonder if it was excess speed or just plain stupidity?

Reply to
dennis

It's more use for horses?

Reply to
Rod

Would you still have the same opinion had it been you that had been the patient in cardiac arrest with a few minutes before permanent brain damage would have set in?

Ah....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Presumably in this case having to stop after the accident negated the time saved by speeding?

Reply to
Andy Burns

She is. LAS covers everything inside the M25 - thats the boundary they use.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Only because a dog was involved.

Had you been the patient, what action would you have liked?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I wish she had been able to say "Oh, was it a dog? I thought it was a cat."... as she helped the patient.

Reply to
Rod

It would be Dennis, I'm not a horse.

Prabably stupidity Dennis. London Ambulance deliberately recruit stupid people, then train them extensively to become even more stupid.

Wouldn't have been excess speed, no reason to go fast with a critical cardiac arrest patient in the back, all the time in the world.

Out of your head on glue again Dennis?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ah. I thought that Bexley was some way into Kent and LAS was London boroughs.

This lady had something to say about that:

Andy Hall

Andy Burns coughed up some electrons that declared:

I think the key issue here, unless one believes that ambulances should have a man with a red flag walking in front, is why was the woman with the dog seemingly oblivious to blues n twos? It's highly unfortunately that her dog got run over, but my point stands...

I was on the A21 going southbound towards Lamberhurst last week and there was a 3 way car ding. I didn't know this immediately of course because I was 1/2 mile behind stuck in the resultant jam.

This bit of the A21 is single carriageway.

What amazed me was that not long after 3 police cars had squeezed through sirens wailing, along came the ambulance. Only being a bit wider, it had considerable difficulty. I attempted to get further left onto the verge expecting the cars in front to do the same. We were currently locked nose to tail from the previous shuffle to let the police through. The sirens were quite obvious even with windows closed.

I had to give a good blast on my horn before the dozy twonks in front of me decided it might be a good idea if they did the diagonal shuffle once again allowing me and everyone else behind to shift a couple of feet over. Seemed completely oblivious. After a couple of police cars, you might generally expect an ambulance or fire tender.

The three cars (well, two and a light van) looked like they'd had glancing blows and hopefully noone was seriously injured.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

If it had been a toddler? If the dog had pulled its owner over? All sounds a bit too close for comfort to me.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Agreed we don't really have enough facts to be banging on about it, I'm sure Dave only chucked it in as an anecdote.

Deaf? Blind? (though presumably a guide dog would have had more wits about it)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Reply to
Frank Erskine

So what is the solution?

- More ambulances so that they can statistically be closer to locations where there is an emergency?

- Separate lanes everywhere?

- Operate always within the speed limit?

- Allow patients to die?

Do any of these guarantee that the dog or a toddler wouldn't have been hit?

Reply to
Andy Hall

The others are good as well

particularly like the one for the Americans.

Reply to
Andy Hall