Wax on windscreen - test

I thought laminated windscreens were made of ordinary glass, not toughened.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Nope.. two (or more) layers of toughened glass. They are annealed to make them break in different ways to the single toughened glass screens. The inner layer breaks into smaller pieces than the outer IIRC.

Reply to
dennis

Are you saying they are? Every single laminated screen that has broken that I've seen has cracks all over it - unlike the typical reaction of toughened glass to go into small particles as it shatters.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)