Waste disposal unit

Our Maxmatic has jammed solid for the third time in as many days. Time for a replacement, I think, (it is 15 years old), unless someone knows better! Q1 What could be jamming and can it be fixed? Q2 Where is the cheapest place to buy?

Reply to
Lawrence

Do you mean the a) motor's siezed, or b) its blocked with crud? a) bearings arent expensive b) nor's a good cleanout More info needed

NT

Reply to
NT

SWMBO'd place had a waste disposal unit. Can't remember the make but some parts of it weren't stainless steel, they rusted up and as it wasn't maintained (ie flushed through regulary with clean water and fed the occasional whole lemon) no amount of cleaning would have unseized it...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Seems to be. I can't get it to turn at all, even with the massive key that maxmatic supply. or b) its blocked with crud? There is no crud in it. It cleared the last time it worked - possibly 3 days ago. It didn't make an excessive noise then so I'm not convinced that it is bearings. Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

time to remove and open it up then, good likelihood its fixable for very little.

NT

Reply to
NT